Delivering world-class company datasets and analytics across borders and languages.
The market for database of companies is changing as new methods and strategies for collecting and distributing data is forming the market.
The euBusinessGraph project aims to address those changes by making data available across borders and continents through a common graph model and a marketplace that enhances the value of data and enriches them by utilizing market leading analytics.
A public demonstrator of the euBusinessGraph data marketplace application is now online at http://marketplace.businessgraph.io.
The public demonstrator contains a subset of company data covering the jurisdictions (countries) United Kingdom, Italy, Norway, Bulgaria, Germany, France, Belgium and Luxembourg. The source data are provided by the consortium members OpenCorporporates, SpazioDati, Brønnøysund Register Centre and Ontotext in the project.
One of the main points of the euBusinessGraph project is the democratisation of the company information market, which is currently dominated by a couple of large international players, which creates a market barrier for smaller data owners. The goal of the marketplace is to enable these smaller players to join a common ecosystem/platform to promote their offerings.
The data marketplace application provides search and discovery of company data in the EU. The marketplace application implements the following features:
- Full-text search on company name. This will return a company view page where the company data is presented.
- Faceted search where one can explore the knowledge graph and search for companies according to different criteria.
- Analytics which provides different graphs of data to be analysed, searched and explored by invoking queries directly across a set of diverse datasets sharing common properties.
- Integrates third party software to search for news articles and events.
The marketplace application is built according to the microservices architectural pattern that ensures great flexibility in development and deployment.
- Data providers joining the business graph share a common subset of their data described according to a common data model.
- The common data are kept in a GraphDB database in the form of a graph of linked data that conforms to the common semantic model (ontology).
Advanced Search page
Articles and Events Search page
How to contribute new company data
The process of onboarding data in euBusinessGraph consists of two consecutive stages:
- Design-time: Cleaning, transforming and mapping the company data to the euBusinessGraph ontology using the Grafterizer and ASIA tools. The output of this step is an executable JAR file.
- Run-time: The JAR file is used in batch processing of CSV company data to N-Triples which are uploaded to GraphDB, which is the underlying triple store that serves this marketplace.
If you are a data provider that would like to contribute new company data into the marketplace or have questions about the usage of the data onboarding tools, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org