ASIA provides an interface that guides the user through the semantic annotation of a table.
Semantic annotations are used to generate mappings from a table to a Knowledge Graph represented in RDF using a specific vocabulary, in such a way that the data contained in the table can be transformed into a Knowledge Graph. ASIA adopts a column-wise approach to semantic annotation, allowing users to define annotations for each column based on vocabulary suggestions provided by the tool. At the moment ASIA incorporates suggestions from ABSTAT, a Knowledge Graph profiling tool, but can be configured to use other terminology recommendation services like the ones based on LOV.
ASIA is a new tool, with the following functionalities developed within EuBusinessGraph:
• User Interface for Schema-level Semantic Annotation of Tables: the user interface supports the creation of schema-level semantic annotation and is integrated into the Grafterizer tool to make the semantic annotation and RDF transformation processes integral to the data transformation steps.
• Schema-level Vocabulary Suggestions: ASIA incorporates schema-level suggestions provided via API using ABSTAT, a Knowledge Graph profiling tool. It can be configured to use other terminology recommendation services like the ones based on LOV.
• Schema-level Data Transformations: based on the schema-level semantic annotations, data transformation are generated using the closure language, which can be executed by Grafterizer to generate RDF data.
Features under development that are not deployed as part of the EuBusinessGraph project:
• User Interface for Instance-level Semantic Annotation of Tables: the user interface supports the creation of instance-level semantic annotation using reconciliation services that link values in the tables to identifiers of known Knowledge Graphs.
• Instance-level Reconciliation Services: the reconciliation services support users in linking values in a table to identifiers of known Knowledge Graphs.
• Data Transformations: based on the instance-level semantic annotations, data transformation generate linked Knowledge Graphs when transformation are executed.
Usage in euBusinessGraph
ASIA provides mapping suggestions that makes it easier for new data publishers to map their data to the euBusinessGraph company data model.